hey, this page is work in progress
Sometimes we only find out our card has expired when it gets declined!
Why not add a backup payment method ?
About 2 % of ASDA groceries orders are getting canceled due to insufficient funds on the card
or the card has been expired.
• Analyzed competitors to inform product design
• Wireframed 5 different concepts to determine directions
• Prepared unmoderated usability test in collaboration with the design team
• Created a new visual hierarchy to connect with customer
TEAM OF ~ 10
• Product owners
• Product management
• UX and design
Analyzed competitors similar products as one of the baselines to design the ideal
go-to experience for ASDA customers.
<p/h> Only Amazon. uk has a backup payment feature, so I analyzed companies who have similar products and as a result, I got a list of features that become a base for different concepts of a backup payment.
<p/h> Delivered five concepts to create new design solutions aligned with customer needs.
<p/h> Backup payments as a separate feature.
User managing backup payments through a modal window.
State of the payment method type highlighted with tag.
<p/h> Option set up as a backup/default payment method on the main screen to minimize the number of steps for the user.
<p/h> Based on the feedback sessions with the design team and collaboration with the legal team features from three concepts above that worked best for the user were merged in one - Concept 4.
<p/h> Set up an unmoderated user test to define flow that works best for the user.
Manage mode: add backup
• Only 5 clicked on Manage cards
• 60 clicked on Add backup card – the “always editable” version
Always editable: add backup
• 76 clicked on Add backup card
• 3 clicked Set as back up on the Other card
<p/h> Responsive design samples for new Navigation experience across Web and Native Apps.